Saturday, March 12, 2011

Home Schooling My first home school conference!!

Well today was an amazing day. I attend my first home school conference. Of course Southern Man came with me. He is the most wonderful and dedicated father I have ever met. 


We got to hear the president of HSLDA,(Home School Legal Defense Association) speak. He is a very charismatic genuine man. I was very impressed with how much he cares about home schooling and his passion for his children. 


We got to purchase several wonderful home school books I am excited to dive in and read. Which I will write about in a different post. We attend 3 wonderful lectures and got some amazing resources. I have so very much to process.


If you have not attended a Home School conference I highly suggest you do. I also highly suggest you join HSLDA, not they are not paying me to say that. They have an amazing support system to offer. 


One of the lectures I had today, works for them and said there is never a moment she can not help. Call her anytime about anything and she will be happy to help. It felt great to have that support.


We also got to sit and chat at lunch with some other home schooling parents and feel the comrade.


Here is the link to the HSLDA. They also have links to up coming conference in your area. Hope to see you all at one soon.

http://www.hslda.org/

Blessings,
Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment