Thursday, June 9, 2011

Home Schooling: School Room Make Over Part 1

Well folks. I am still in search to find my perfect farm house. No, that  idea and goal has not left my mind. Just after this years events with my son being so ill I had to put him first. 

So I put off getting the home school room ready in hopes that we would be moved by the time we state officially registered for school. Well we are still in our contemporary town home waiting for it to find it's first tenant's and and be left with out it's very first family. Can you tell I am starting to get a bit emotional over the moving process?? 

So I could not wait any longer the time had come!! 
So one last time here is the before......
And now, the after:



Not, bad if I do say so myself!

To start I went with Hawthorne Yellow for the walls which also matches the powder room in our home school room. It was bright refreshing and makes the room pop! 


Then I went with a red theme for the table and chairs
 Here is our 1-2 person center. This week there are all types markers box is there. So it is a coloring center with a different theme coloring page each day. We have smelly markers, fat markers, skinny markers. You get the drift.
Next it our work table. I love this !! It is large enough right now to separate out my two monkeys. I sit in the middle of them when we do our work. Also seats 8 so we can have some friends over for games,art or a science project.
 Of Course in my book NO learning space  is complete with out's it's American Flag. We say the Pray to our Lord and  PLEDGE to our flag every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment