Monday, February 27, 2012

Book Review Dr. Suess 2012

 Well it's here and we are all tickled in my home! 

It's Read Across America Week!!!

We are jam packed with our Dr. Seuss books, scattered through out our home!


Don't you just want to spend the day rhyming after a Dr. Seuss book? Lord knows I do!

We have read 3 so far this week.
Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book
Horton Hatches the Egg
The Lorax

Both books have such powerful meanings inside them.

My children have also have been watching The Lorax the original version. That too has a powerful message in it. We have always been a family who recycles and tries to make as many earth friendly choices that we can. 
This planet is our home and I want to see it last. It was a gift from God and like all things we should take care of it. 

Recently though after reading the Lorax story and seeing the dvd several times now my six year old has taken the message from that story to heart. As we travel through our day he applies that message to his world around him. He reports people he see's not making earth friendly choices. Like not recycling. Poor guy he get's so upset. However, then I remind him that he is making good choices and that is what matters now. Someday down the road though, this guy is going to make a big impact on this planet! I am so proud of him! 

What Dr. Seuss books are in your home this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment